Total Pageviews

Monday 20 January 2014

Sorrel, Butter and Otters

This talk of otters reminded me of a holiday we had in Scotland.  We were staying near Achiltibuie in a rented holiday cottage.  I read the Visitor's Book and someone had written in it about how they picked some wild sorrel and sautéed it in unsalted butter...  What kind of Independent-reading person seriously needs to tell the possible future readers of a visitor's book in a holiday cottage that they foraged some wild sorrel, sautéed it in unsalted butter and ate it.  Delicious!  To take a leaf from the previous post, a knob, I suppose.

I was sorely tempted to write: we went for a walk by the shore, and spotted some sea-otters... we sautéed them in some unsalted butter.  Delicious!; but I thought some animal-lovers might hunt me down and kill me, so I didn't.  I won't try and impress you with how clever we were on holiday, I'll just show you some nice pics:

A Sea-otter?

A Sunset

Not a sunset

A Mountain

The Moon



Near Achiltibuie

A Ruin

Near Achiltibuie
I think I've started to think about holidays.  Have you?







No comments:

Post a Comment